Summer Program Eligibility and Admission Requirements
Applicants to the summer program must be classified as undergraduate students, have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, and have completed at least one semester each of college level Biology and Chemistry by the end of the spring semester of the year of application.
Those interested in applying should complete the online application. The application requests applicants to provide a brief personal statement that outlines future educational objectives and reasons for wanting to work in a research laboratory for the summer. In addition, unofficial transcripts and one letter of recommendation should be provided (applicants need only to supply the name and email address of the person who will provide the letter of recommendation). The application also requests that you provide names of possible faculty with whom you would like to work. A list of the faculty and their research interests can be found at the following links:
Summer Undergraduate Research Program Requirements Following Acceptance
- Select a research project with mentor.
- Produce a 1-2 page abstract of the research to be carried out over the summer.
- Submit an electronic copy of the abstract to the Program Coordinator by the end of the second week of the program.
- Attend all scheduled classes and activities.
- At the conclusion of the summer, write a 6-8 page paper in the style of a scientific manuscript, and develop and present a 10-12 minute oral/multimedia presentation describing the research.
- Research presentations will be on the last Friday of the program.
- The paper should be electronically submitted to the Program Coordinator before you check out.